God is the author of beauty and creativity. All things created pour forth from Him and are meant to glorify Him.
I am in awe of the artistry of the Temple. God gave the skill to people to accomplish such amazing works of art. The people carved, they sculpted, they sewed, they adorned.
- “The inside of the temple was cedar, carved with gourds and open flowers…” 1 Kings 6:18
- “So he overlaid the whole interior with gold…” 1 Kings 6:22
- “In the Most Holy Place he made a pair of sculptured cherubim and overlaid them with gold.” 2 Chronicles 3:10
- “He adorned the temple with precious stones…” 2 Chronicles 3:6
- “He made the curtain of blue, purple and crimson yarn and fine linen, with cherubim worked into it.” 2 Chronicles 3:14
- “…he carved cherubim on the walls.” 2 Chronicles 3:7
- “…He also made a hundred pomegranates and attached them to the chains.” 2 Chronicles 3:16
God gives people the ability to create beauty. In the building of the Temple, this gift from our Creator God was used to bring Him glorify. But this is not always the case. Humans used this creativity to build other beautiful temples, devoted to “other gods”. We always have a choice in whether we use our talents to serve God.
My hope is to always bring glory to God through what I do. I am not particularly artistic, but I appreciate the talent for creating beauty. If God gives me the ability to do something, may I use that ability to point people to Him.
Dear Father, You are the creator of all beauty. I look around me and see the works of Your creative hands in nature. I also see beautiful works of art that You inspired and accomplished through human hands. Thank you for giving us this ability to create and the awareness to appreciate beautiful creations.