“Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly; though lofty, he sees them from afar. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me.”Psalms 138:6-7, NIV
What makes you feel special?
I feel special when…
- I’m recognized for what I do.
- When someone I consider to be special recognizes me.
- When I’m remembered by someone I love.
- When someone in authority over me, asks for my help.
- When someone says, “I love you.”
I know I’m not alone when I say I struggle with feeling like I matter. It can be hard to see all the things that are going well when I feel like I’m less than someone else. It’s jealousy. It’s lack of self-worth. It’s normal. I have worked with enough people in my life to know that I am not alone.
A turning point in my life was when I was able to internalize the truth that I am loved and valued and recognized by the God of the universe. The God who created a world so big it’s beyond my comprehension. The God who is eternal. My GOD.
I’ve shared this before…but I am forever reminded of the nearness of God standing on the beach.
- I’m blown away by the number of grains of sand on the beach the goes on for miles. God knows exactly how many grains there are…on every beach…around the world. And He knows me.
- I’m in awe when I stand at the waters edge and I realize I am loved and known and present with the God who knows exactly how much water fills the oceans.
- I feel special when I am aware that the God who made the stars in the sky that dwarf my size is with me…created me on purpose…and desires to be known by me.
Dear God, may we feel your presence. May we be filled with a sense of your nearness. Thank you for being a God who values and cherishes His children. Thank you for loving me! Amen.
One response to “Ezra 5-6; John 10; Psalm 138”
There are people here in Baltimore that love you. Have a great day!