How do you brag about God?
One of the things I love about the Psalms is the authentic expression of emotion from the different authors. At times there’s pain and fear and disappointment. At other times there is almost a giddy joy! In Psalm 76 we see the author bragging about God.
When was the last time you bragged on God?
“You are radiant with light, more majestic than mountains rich with game.”Psalms 76:4 NIV
Here is how I would brag on God today…
- God provided a peace in the midst of Grief that was a gift.
- God created a clear blue sky, with mild temperatures for me to enjoy.
- God has provided wise people in my life who love me and encourage me and challenge me.
- God loves me…in my most unlovable times.
- God has consistently reminded me that He is for me, that He is fighting for me, that He desires good things for me and that He loves me.
- God has provided words and wisdom when I needed them most.
- God has comforted those close to me in such tangible ways.
- God has empowered a friend to overcome addiction and mental illness.
- God continues to strengthen and support a friend on their journey of sobriety.
- God has restored a marriage that was ravaged by lies and mistrust.
I am regularly overwhelmed by how God shows up in my life. He consistently demonstrates His nearness and love, even in the midst of hurt and pain. What I consistently hear from God is “I know, I know. I’m right here. I’m right here.” What a gift we have in the presence, power, wisdom, saving grace and peace of God.
Take some time and brag on God today.
Dear God, what a gift to have you so near. Thank you for your presence and blessing and love. May we never grow tired of declaring your praise! Amen.